Tuesday, March 20, 2007

FO: Lace panel sweater!

Pattern: Lace panel sweater from Jo sharp Knit issue 2
Yarn: Rowan all seasons cotton melange, Cookie.
Needles: Denise 4mm & 3.75mm
Mods: None
Things learnt: How to seam properly

I really like this sweater! I found it to be quite simple and I thought the pattern was very well written and easy to understand. ASC is one of my new favorites! It is very soft and was much more enjoyable to knit with than other cotton blends I have used. I would definitely recommend it. I think this sweater ended up being a little too large but it is still wearable, just a little roomier than i would have preferred. Don't you just love my seaming!? I thought i did a really great job. It was very exciting watching it all come together!


See that pink tube in the corner? That's my new needle tube from Dimmeys! It's super cute! It has hello kitty on it and it is the perfect size for my needles. It originally held marshmallows but that wasn't too much of a problem ;)

5 comments:

Belinda said...

Great job, it looks gorgeous on you!!

Austysmum said...

Beautiful! Great fit too.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, that sweater is stunning. Nice job, beautiful color.

Unknown said...

Wow! You are amazing, that is a beautiful jumper.

Melinda said...

I am thinking of knitting this jumper this summer, so it's good to hear that you had a good experience whilst knitting it! I thought that it looked a bit long in the body in the pattern book, but yours is a lovely length. I like your choice of colour as well. I still haven't made up my mind as to colour.
Well done!