Friday, February 9, 2007

First FO of the year finally.


Pattern: VK holiday 06
Yarn: Corriedale pencil roving 'chocolate' from theknittery.com.au
Needles: Denise 9mm
Modifications: Reduced no of sts at the start and followed pattern of shaping

I love this hat! I frogged it once at the start when i realised that the hat was going to be too big even though it is a 'bulky' beret. I just reduced the no of cast-on from 4o to 36 and then just followed the pattern of the shaping. easy. The pattern stitch was nice. a 2 stitch cable pattern. Even though the wool was humungo I still had to take my time to make sure i didn't snag the loosley spun yarn with my rather sharp denise.


14 comments:

Belinda said...

Great job on the hat, love the cable and the colour is really yummy!!

Rialla-T said...

I love that hat, it has a really retro styling to it.

julia. said...

how much yarn did you use for this?

Unknown said...

Hi Becky, I loved this beret, do you think you can send my the pattern for it? I'll be really thankful! My email is lisazhuu@gmail.com

By the way, BRAVO on the duster knit you made for your mum, it was AMAZING.

hannah57 said...

can someone give me the pattern for this hat i would really appreciate it my email is hannahm57@hotmail.com

Leah said...

Hey could u send me this pattern? i love this hat!!! thanks
metzleah@gmail.com

Lee said...

that hat of yours is so cute..would you send me that instruction at Craziethoj@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

hi!! i know this post was from like forevr ago, but the pattern is no longer available on vogueknitting.com. could you email it to me? dancingqueen726@gmail.com

MellieBe said...

Hello! I'm so in love with this hat, but can't find the pattern anywhere. Is it possible to email me the pattern? I would be forever grateful! melanies808@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi! I really love what a great job you did with the hat. I tried searching for it on vogueknitting.... but it's gone, would you be able to send me the pattern? Would LOVE IT! lisamoore75@gmail.com

Unknown said...

how can i get the slouchy beret patterns you have? i tried searching for them and i can't find them...can you send them to me? winenot2010@gmail.com
i would appreciate it greatly! :)

ThatWeirdoWithBlueHair said...

send me the pattern? sophiesmith2007@googlemail.com
thanks =]

Unknown said...

please can you email me the pattern, lw.marvel@gmail.com

Dave and Betsy's Blog said...

I am new to this blog, and wondered if you too could send me the pattern at: mommabetsy@gmail.com!

Thanks!