Monday, May 26, 2008

Oh! The Drama!

I know, I know. I haven't posted for like a month but I have a really good excuse. I have been doing a production for my 12 drama course and all of the rehearsals have pretty much taken over a lot of my spare time (which is probably a good thing!). The play we will be doing is a play by Tom Stoppard called The Real Inspector Hound (wikipedia link if you would like to read the plot) and I have been casted as Felicity Cunningham who I think is really awesome character. I get to be really bitchy (hehe). The script is hilarious!

Our first run in front of an audience is this Thursday (gasp!) with two performances Monday next week and a final performance on Tuesday which will be in front of a moderator who will grade us on our performances. The whole process is pretty stressful actually. There is a lot of things to get done and scenes to get polished off but I am happy to say that I have absolutely loved every minute of it, and we haven't even performed to an audience yet. I can't wait!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Break a leg! Hound is fantastic, easily my favorite play. Unfortunately I didn't get to perform it in year 12 - I had to do Carol Churchhill's Vinegar Tom instead.

Team Knit said...

Break a leg! Sounds exciting.

- Julie

Team Knit said...

Break a leg! Sounds exciting.

- Julie

Rachel said...

As they say break a leg