Monday, February 11, 2008

Tilted Duster

Tilted Duster - Completed

Tilted Duster by Norah Gaughan from Interweave Fall 07
3 balls Bendigo Woollen Mills Rustic 12ply in Delta

Tilted Duster - Completed

This was a gift for my Mum for Christmas last year. Overall, It turned out to be a very nice fitting cardigan. Things went relatively smoothly until I nearly ran out of yarn. I realised that I would need to lengthen everything and forgot to buy enough to compensate. I was able to make the sleeves 5 cm longer but was forced I made the length according to the pattern becasue I had barely had enough to sew everything together. I just managed to get away with three balls of yarn. A wee bit shorter than I imagined, but it looks pretty good. Mum is pretty chuffed with it so I am happy too.

Tilted Duster - Completed

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I love it. I want a Tilted Duster. Where do I find that pattern Becky? Your mum will be lovely and snug this winter, lucky lady.

Esoteric Knitter said...

Gorgeous work! :)

Susan said...

Looks beautiful.

luv Abby said...

I luv this so much. your knitting is outstanding well done.
luv Abby

Caffeine Faerie said...

Beautiful! I love your knitting, and what a fantastic jacket. I think I may have to go knit myself one after seeing your amazing effort!

Levin (and Emily) said...

you can be my daughter any day (as long as you knit things for me - lol).
the cardi looks fabulous. i love the wool from bendigo woolen mills - i've been crocheting and felting bags from this wool and it felts beautifully. and it's good value too - and australian! what more could you want??
l
x

Rachel said...

I love it in that colour, looks better than the one in mag

Miss Click Clack said...

How good does this look?!