Wednesday, December 19, 2007

last-minute problems

Hi all, and thank you for all your lovely comments left about my two new sweaters. It always really nice to when someone leaves a friendly comment!

I am running into some technical difficulties with my Tilted Duster. Firstly, I was knitting away and I thought I was simply speeding along. I had already finished the back, fronts and sleeves and believed that I'd get it done last weekend. Oh how wrong I was; the skirt took me forever. I only just finished it 5 minutes ago actually.

Secondly, I somehow messed up my calculations for the amount of yarn I needed (yardage to meter conversions I suspect!) and the skirt ended up being a little shorter than written. Hopefully I have got a small amount leftover from the sleeves under my bed somewhere.

I am trying not to stress too much because I don't think that knitting would be as quite as exciting without all the drama that comes with it.

Oh well. At least the buttons are pretty.

UPDATE! I completed the Tilted Duster today because I found some leftover yarn! hooray! I will write an FO post when I give my mum her present on Christmas Day.

No comments: