Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Back into routine

This week marked the start of the new school term and, quite frankly, I was more than happy to welcome some sense of rountine back into my life. Tomorrow it is the Mount Gambier show and I sent in all of my entries on Tuesday night. I was a bit worried that i wouldn't have my Baudelaire socks completed in time but I i finished them the night before!

Remember the lovely Sweet Georgia BFL roving I got? Well here she is all spun up!:

There was 100g in the braid and I spun it into two 2 ply 50g skeins. (for some reason my bobbins only fit 50g of singles. They don't seem to wind on very firmly??). I was aiming for a DK weight and I think I did a pretty good job maintaining the thickness. I's long draw spun and is so very soft!

Since I have no other huge projects on my needles, and becasue my dad was so happy with Jamesey, I decided I was going to knit him another jumper (we have a deal going on; if i knit him one he needs to get rid of one of his very out-dated jumpers) With some guidance and suggestions we decided on Cobblestone from Interweave Knits Fall 07 issue. With some further guidance and sample card from Bendigo Woollen Mills, I bought 3 balls of Rustic in the Russet colour. I really like the colour!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Cobblestone should look great in that colour, better than the one in the mag,I think.

Abby said...

goodluck with the show.
let us know how u go.
luv Abby

Levin said...

goodluck with the show. and goodluck with the jumper - i love the idea of the trade off - a new one for an old one!
cheers
l
x

Levin said...

i didn't see the possums :(
but we are coming back :)
cheers
l
x